Monday, 7 May 2012
- The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it – Henry David Thoreau.
- Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself - Harvey Fierstein.
- People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used.
- Dear Heart, fall in love only when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely – Anony-mouse.
- It’s impossible” said pride. “It’s risky” said experience. “It’s pointless” said reason. “Give it a try” whispered the heart - Anonymous (via Tad).
- Be happy while you’re living, for you’re a long time dead - Scottish Proverb.
- Find the guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or stay awake just to watch you sleep. The one who turns to his friends and says, “thats her” – Anony-mouse.
- Feelings come and feelings go. There is no need to fear them and no need to crave them. Let them come, and then let them go. No feeling is your permanent reality, no matter how intense it is.
- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George B Shaw.
- We must let go of the life we had planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us - Joseph Campbell.
- When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves – Viktor Frankl.
- Be smart enough to hold on, be brave enough to let go. Sometimes, we need to hold onto faith while letting go of the outcome. Open your hand and hold your dreams gently, don’t try to grab them.
- The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving - Oliver W Holmes.
- God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference – Reinhold Niebuhr. (The Serenity Prayer rocks!)
- There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can't. What you've got to do is turn around and say "watch me".
Posted by JP at 16:38
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
- All you need is love.
- There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved.
- To live is like to love – all reason is against it, and all healthy instinct for it.
- Life is a journey, and love is what makes that journey worthwhile.
- Maybe love is like luck. You have to go all the way to find it.
- Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom.
- When men and women are able to respect and accept their differences then love has a chance to blossom.
- To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven.
- I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
Posted by JP at 16:36
- “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” ~ Albert Einstein.
- “Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” ~ Pablo Picasso
- “Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
Posted by JP at 16:30
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
- “All great changes are preceded by chaos.” ~ Deepak Chopra
- “Change is not pleasant, But change is constant. Only when we change and grow, We’ll see a world we never know.” ~From Wisdom of The Orange Woodpecker
- You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you. ~ Sri Ram
- “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
Posted by JP at 16:28
- I don’t believe in luck. Luck = Leaving things to chance and outside world. I believe in being harbingers of our fate, taking action and creating our own path and destiny in life. Your life is yours to create – Don’t let others do it for you.” – Celestine Chua
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”~ Colin Powell
- “The harder I work, the luckier I get.” – Gary Player
- “Success is 99% attitude and 1% aptitude.” - Celestine Chua
- “It is your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
Posted by JP at 16:25