- The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it – Henry David Thoreau.
- Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself - Harvey Fierstein.
- People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used.
- Dear Heart, fall in love only when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely – Anony-mouse.
- It’s impossible” said pride. “It’s risky” said experience. “It’s pointless” said reason. “Give it a try” whispered the heart - Anonymous (via Tad).
- Be happy while you’re living, for you’re a long time dead - Scottish Proverb.
- Find the guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or stay awake just to watch you sleep. The one who turns to his friends and says, “thats her” – Anony-mouse.
- Feelings come and feelings go. There is no need to fear them and no need to crave them. Let them come, and then let them go. No feeling is your permanent reality, no matter how intense it is.
- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George B Shaw.
- We must let go of the life we had planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us - Joseph Campbell.
- When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves – Viktor Frankl.
- Be smart enough to hold on, be brave enough to let go. Sometimes, we need to hold onto faith while letting go of the outcome. Open your hand and hold your dreams gently, don’t try to grab them.
- The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving - Oliver W Holmes.
- God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference – Reinhold Niebuhr. (The Serenity Prayer rocks!)
- There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can't. What you've got to do is turn around and say "watch me".
Monday, 7 May 2012
Posted by JP at 16:38